Loss and Damage Youth Coalition (LDYC)
We are a coalition of youths from the global North and South who have come together to demand action on addressing the Loss and Damage caused by climate change.
A world where the impacts of loss and damage are addressed equitably. A world where developed countries take responsibility for their outsize contribution to the climate crisis by treating loss and damage with a sense of urgency. A world where we honor the rights of future generations to a safe climate.
- Driving action on Loss and Damage through advocacy and awareness-raising globally;
- Advocating for the establishment of new and adequate sources of finance to address loss and damage;
- Enhancing the capacity of global youth to understand and take action on addressing loss and damage; and
- Promoting sustainable youth participation in decision-making around Loss and Damage at national and international levels.
The Loss and Damage Youth Grantmaking Council (LDYGC) is a collaboration between Climate Justice Resilience Fund (CJRF) and the Loss and Damage Youth Coalition. The LDYGC is made up of eleven members from the Loss and Damage Youth Coalition all below the age of 35 from different regions.
What We Do
- Determine and develop the application guidelines for Loss and Damage Grants
- Open the call for application
- Review applications
- Announce the winners
Why the Council is Important
A diversified participatory board on grant-making is effective because it enables stakeholders with an understanding of diverse issues and the best solutions to be a part of the process.
The Sendai Framework Voluntary Commitments (SFVC) online platform allows stakeholders to inform the public about their work on DRR. The SFVC online platform is a useful toolto know who is doing what and where for the implementation of the Sendai Framework, which could foster potential collaboration among stakeholders. All stakeholders (private sector, civil society organizations, academia, media, local governments, etc.) working on DRR can submit their commitments and report on their progress and deliverables.
Is this page useful?Yes No Report an issue on this page
Thank you. If you have 2 minutes, we would benefit from additional feedback (link opens in a new window).