The University of Sharjah is committed to providing a world-class educational experience that prepares lifelong learners and leaders with integrated knowledge and skills. We are passionate about building a collaborative and sustainable environment that cultivates twenty-first century skills and fosters pioneering research and scholarship. We seek to serve the current and future needs of our local community and beyond by offering innovative academic and professional programs.
The University of Sharjah are united by six core values that underpin our daily actions as students, staff, faculty, administrators and alumni. They are as follows:
- Integrity and Ethics: Ethical standards at the University of Sharjah are founded on ethical and civic responsibility in accordance with progressive Arab and Islamic ideals.
- Dedication: Dedication to providing students with knowledge and support, so they are fully prepared to be the leaders of the future.
- Inclusiveness: We welcome and value each other and embrace the diversity of ideas and people.
- Excellence with limitless Drive: For quality enhancement and continuance improvement.
- Accountability and Transparency: We pride ourselves on our responsibility, and transparency in our actions, providing a fair and positive work environment.
- Innovation and Creativity: We work without bounds to improve lives through creativity and innovation in the pursuit of academic excellence.
The Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering is introducing the MSc ESE Program to provide the opportunity for qualified graduates in different disciplines from science and engineering to advance their knowledge and skills in modern environmental perspectives and challenges. The intent is also to prepare students to engage in multidisciplinary fields with independent and collaborative research in academic, governmental, and industrial contexts. During this learning process, students will participate in knowledge generation and improvement, research synthesis, and knowledge/technology transfer. The Program is also intended to support the development of quality and relevant research, especially applied research in pertinent environmental fields to UAE and the region.
• The University of Sharjah pledges to reach (net) zero GHGs as soon as possible and by mid-century at the latest, in line with global efforts to limit warming to 1.5C. This aligns with the UAE’s commitment to achieving (net) zero by 2050 at the latest.
• We set an interim target to achieve in the next decade, which reflects maximum effort towards or beyond a fair share of the 50% global reduction in CO2 by 2030 identified in the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) Special Report on Global Warming of 1.5C
The Sendai Framework Voluntary Commitments (SFVC) online platform allows stakeholders to inform the public about their work on DRR. The SFVC online platform is a useful toolto know who is doing what and where for the implementation of the Sendai Framework, which could foster potential collaboration among stakeholders. All stakeholders (private sector, civil society organizations, academia, media, local governments, etc.) working on DRR can submit their commitments and report on their progress and deliverables.
Is this page useful?Yes No Report an issue on this page
Thank you. If you have 2 minutes, we would benefit from additional feedback (link opens in a new window).