Indian Ocean youth short video competition on tsunami awareness
UNESCO-IOC Calls Indian Ocean Youth to Participate in Short Video Competition on Tsunami Awareness.
To commemorate the International Youth Day (12 August), the International Disaster Risk Reduction Day (13 October), and the World Tsunami Awareness Day (5 November), UNESCO-IOC Indian Ocean Tsunami Information Centre (IOTIC) and the Intergovernmental Coordination Group for Indian Ocean Tsunami Warning and Mitigation System (ICG/IOTWMS) jointly with U-INSPIRE Indonesia is organizing a series of activities on Indian Ocean Youth Short Video Competition on Tsunami Awareness.
This initiative aims to engage with youth living in the regions around the Indian Ocean to share their creative thoughts, ideas, concepts, and/or activities related to tsunami awareness.
Community Tsunami Awareness
Despite being the largest share in the world’s demographic and the most potential group of people, the youth are also the most at risk. The youth commonly have the smallest voice when it comes to engagement in development, while they will be highly affected by that development. Similarly, in disaster risk reduction, including tsunami hazards, the youth also have less opportunity to voice and be involved in community preparedness and capacity building.
Requirements for Video Submission
- The video should showcase young persons’ ideas, projects, activities or campaigns towards promoting community tsunami awareness.
- The video can be in the local language or English. The local language videos should have English subtitles.
- The video can have graphs, animations, music, and written text. If the text is in the local language, there should also be English subtitles.
- The materials used in the video must be under a free or open license. If not, the participants shall own the license to use materials in the submitted video.
Please kindly check the link for further information on Open License.
- The maximum duration of the video is 2 minutes.
- The maximum size of the video is: 720p. 1280 x 720 with Frames per Second: at least 30 FPS
- Name your video with this format: Group#_Topic-code_Name-of-participant_Title-of-Video
(example: Group4_PTE_Victoria-Nyamango_Are-we-tsunami-prone) .
Prior to starting your application, it is recommended that you review the Indian Ocean Youth Short Video Competition on Tsunami Awareness guidelines.
- Age between 14 and 24 years old with interest in disaster risk reduction, especially on Tsunami Awareness.
- A resident of a country bordering the Indian Ocean under the mandate of the Intergovernmental Coordination Group for the Indian Ocean Tsunami Warning and Mitigation System (ICG/IOTWMS).
- Individual participants and groups of up to three participants can enter the competition.
- To promote gender equality, groups should have at least one female member and female participation is encouraged.
- Each participant (individual or group) can submit one entry only. Submission of more than one video will be disqualified.
- The opening date for registration: Thursday, 12 August 2021.
- The closing date for submission: Wednesday, 13 October 2021 at 23:00 Jakarta time (GMT +7).
- The winner announcement: Friday, 5 November 2021.
Is this page useful?Yes No Report an issue on this page
Thank you. If you have 2 minutes, we would benefit from additional feedback (link opens in a new window).